We are coming to that time of year when buildings are often closed or have greatly reduced traffic as businesses close for the holidays.
This downtime or reduction in foot traffic can be a great time to tackle those bigger cleaning, maintenance, repair, and remodeling projects on your to-do list.
Here are some of the ways we see smart facility and property managers take advantage of their buildings’ downtime.
Attending to High Traffic Areas
Projects involving the reception area, lobby, and conference rooms often interrupt business hours or inconvenience visiting clients.
Carpets & furniture
- Deep cleaning
- Repairing, patching, replacing damaged areas
Kitchen / Cafeteria
- Cleaning the refrigerator and other appliances
- The floors in these areas often need attention due to heavy traffic and spills
Restrooms and locker rooms
- Tile and grout replacement
- Saniglaze removal
- Remodeling projects
- Repainting lines
- Repairing cracks and holes in the surface
- Removing stains from the parking lot, sidewalks, doorways, patios, and other areas
Projects to consider during downtime to keep your warehouse safe and clean include:
- Installing or repairing safety lines
- High dusting and HVAC cleaning
- Floor repair and reconfiguration
- Mold removal
- Power wash
- Degrease the surrounding floor
Get a jump start on next year by taking advantage of your building’s downtime.
Feel free to contact us if you have questions or need any help.